Why Join the PTSA
What is PTSA? Why join PTSA? The number one reason to join the Parent Teacher Student
is to benefit your student. In doing so, you also help your school. But there are many more PTSA advantages:
- . There’s no better way
to know what’s happening in your school.
- . The PTSA offers a variety of programs designed for parents as well as students.
- . PTSA functions
are opportunities to meet other parents and teachers, building rapport and discussing issues that are on your mind. You can
share ideas, concerns, and experiences.
- . By volunteering with your PTSA, you put your skills and hobbies to use for a noble cause—your
child and all children in the community.
PTSA can be a way for you to more effectively suggest change at your child’s school.
- . By getting involved at your child’s school you’ll
be part of the solution, helping make positive changes. Local PTSAs play an important role in fundraising to provide building
improvements, curriculum-based programs, and social events.
- . By becoming a PTSA member, you’ll be demonstrating
to your child the importance you place on education.
- . Individuals and local units can take advantage of a host of benefits from PTA
membership including discounts and offers from member benefits providers and sponsors, magazine subscriptions, leadership training, e-newsletters and much more.
For less than 3 cents a day, you can become a PTSA member, joining more than 5 million other people who share your interest
in issues affecting children. Everyone—parents, educators, students and other citizens active in their schools and
communities—is invited to join our not-for-profit parent association.
National PTA Benefits!